Sunday, September 12

Eat Pray Love Walk (23)

I went to see Eat Pray Love at the Regal Cinemas, my first time at that theater and hence by my strange rules qualifying as a new thing. (Can seeing a movie for the first time not be a new thing, too?) I set up my rewards card with them, look forward to earning a free ticket. I got a kick out of it, felt my exuberance bubble up. I enjoyed watching Julia Roberts because I think she's wonderful. Then I went out into the hot late afternoon and roamed the neighborhood. It held my favorite view, my southern hills, and a small gated community with gorgeous colors and huge second-floor patios that drew me. It was Labor Day and Palm Springs hot, deserted except for one man taking pictures of the little church on the corner. I walked slowly and savored the luxury of the leisure in the day, the lingering matinee mood, the quiet streets, the stunning view. My impromptu stroll on that late afternoon was extraordinary in its stillness, its simplicity, a memory bound to linger.

No comments:

Post a Comment