Wednesday, March 9

I Can't Believe I Ate the Whole Thing

Do you remember that commercial? Was it Alka-Seltzer? I can't recall the images, but I can still hear the tone of voice. It's not what I feel now, not overly glutted. But I think the phrase popped into my mind because I do share the stunned quality of those actors, the same shock at the outcome. I only need two more posts to meet my goal of posting 52 "new things" while I'm 52. I guess it shouldn't be surprising to me that once the bulk of the work is done the ending seems to fly by. My school semesters feel that way, too. But for so long this endless line of unwritten posts stretched out ahead of me, and now there are only two left, and endless choices, it would seem, for posting. I begin my native desert plants class tomorrow, so I can easily post two new wildflowers, something to accompany all these birds. ;-)

I plan to do another blog while I'm 53, but this time I will not limit myself to "new" things. I'm considering going with a straight and prosaic "53 Things" for this next one. (Yes, I do hear how dull this sounds. Maybe I'll have an epiphany?) I know it's silly of me to have felt constricted this year by my own guidelines, but I did. I'm hoping I will find a refreshing freedom in the looseness of my next project. I'm imagining I will jot down ideas when they come to me, then have a good list of appealing possibilities whenever I sit down to write. I'm imagining no restraints, sweet creativity welling up and magic happening on the page. I am grinning as I write this, wondering what sort of imaginary blocks or unlooked for troubles I might discover in my new endeavor. Will I be at a loss because there is no imposed structure? But I will hold to the idea of ease and fun and abundance and richness and depth. If the process provides an "otherwise," I'll trust to learn from the experience. What more can I ask for, hmm? Oh, well, maybe to feel good about all my posts? I'd like to have more readers, too. (Or, if I have more readers now, to somehow know they are reading.) And speaking of readers, I will write one more note to you again before I end this blog. I have been very glad you are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment