Tuesday, March 29

Sweet Sorrow

My brain is dead to the truth.
My 52 new things are old now and over.
My mind doesn't grasp it, yet
I am poised to become one year older.
I'm glad I saw the blog through,
But I couldn't have done it without you.
Marylou and Richard, Colleen,
You've been here often, heartened me,
Offered me pleasure and polish and sheen.
Mami and Auntie Gardie, Merissa, Margie, Michelle.
There have been others,
People I know, people I love,
Reading in silence, reading in secret,
The quiet, hidden mourning dove.
And strangers have wandered in, too, though I don't know
If they've stayed to read or have just passed through.
To date it shows 587 page views,
487 from the United States, 8 from Germany, 10 countries all told.
It is more than I can hold.
But with a grateful heart I bid you adieu, and I say
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment