Sunday, August 15

Camelot (19)

This time I went to "my" theater for the first time, the Camelot. It's the nearest, and "my" farmer's market sits beside it when it's not summer. I'd hoped for canola oil popcorn from this particular theater and fun condiments for it like brewer's yeast or garlic powder, spoiled as I am by northern California ways. No dice, but the woman who served me smiled a real smile and offered genuine kindness. I'd hoped to love the movie, but I didn't. I wondered later if it was because the audience around me seemed to enjoy it so much, laughing hard and often when I didn't think it was funny. Did that distance me from the film? Would I have liked it better if I'd seen it by myself? I enjoyed watching Annette Bening, though, studying her marvelous, expressive face, her focused intensity. And I was happy to see a mainstream movie featuring two lesbians as an "old married couple." Too bad they had to make her affair still be with a man. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment