Sunday, August 29

Luscious Lorraine's (22)

The woman behind the counter had short grey hair that fit snug on her head. She was grounded and capable and kind, welcoming, warm. She was patient with all my questions and my eager first-time-here-ness. I ordered the tempeh salad and was surprised to find it crumbled in a pile above the bed of greens. Or perhaps it wasn't crumbled, had never been a firm shape of any sort, a tempeh new to me. I took it to go, enjoyed it at home before I went back to work. It was fresh and lovely, the ginger miso dressing divine. I was surprised and pleased to find how full it made me, more so than my own big salads I always worry are too big. Maybe they aren't too big? I am wondering now, after indulging in the one from Luscious Lorraine's, since the bulk of my salads are greens. Maybe it's okay to eat my big bowl of salad every afternoon. Maybe it's one thing I can stop feeling bad about. Maybe I'll start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment